Blue Azores Communication Manager
Care about the environment and want to make a difference? Focused on conservation and sustainable use of the Azores Sea, the Blue Azores Program contributes to the protection, promotion and valuation of the archipelago's marine resources, creating new pathways for the sustainable economic development of the region.
The Contractor will serve as Communication Manager for the Blue Azores Program. The Contractor will work directly with the Government of the Azores, Waitt Institute, Oceano Azul Foundation and other partners to develop and implement a communication strategy that uses traditional and social media, a stakeholder engagement, partnerships, outreach, events, and other activities highlighting the program as a critical tool for sustainable growth of marine activities, resources, and the economy in the Azores.
The Contractor will be active in developing and reinforcing local relationships that support the communications of the program, both internally and externally. The contractor will be the responsible for the implementation of the program’s communication, identity, and tone-of-voice.
The selected candidate will:
• Create, implement, and monitor marketing and communication plans to support the Blue Azores program;
• Coordinate communications activities outlined in Blue Azores’ communications plan, including in-person and virtual events and other outreach activities;
• Develop and manage partnerships with media agencies and the media (both Azorean and national) to raise awareness on ocean protection, promotion, and valuation;
• Ensure the production and launch of press releases and support the production of opinion articles and interviews;
• Coordinate the development and implementation of the communication campaigns, both online and offline, aligned with the Blue Azores communication strategy and together with the “Blue Azores content and digital” responsible;
• Report on the results of campaigns and communication activities;
• Manage and control the communication budget;
• Organize and lead communications meetings between program partners.
5 years (minimum) of professional experience in branding strategy and management, marketing, or communications, and public relations;
Experience in creating press releases, articles, and newsletters, with a portfolio of applicable outputs (a previous role in a Press Office will be valued);
Experience in preparing communications plans and reports;
Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment;
Organized with strong time management skills, and the ability to work under pressure, coordinating tight deadlines;
Strong communication and interpersonal/teamwork skills;
Portuguese native speaker who is fluent in English.
This position will be based in São Miguel (Azores)